East Kensington Outdoor Learning (EKOLogy)
For links to the (Virtual) Parent Information meetings: please click here
Through daily outdoor learning experiences, children in the EKOLogy program develop a sense of wonder and gratitude in the beauty, diversity and complexity of the world to become environmentally and socially responsible people with a passion for lifelong learning. Children in our EKOLogy program spend time each day learning outside the classroom.
Our outdoor learning program:
- provides outdoor experiences that integrate B.C.'s curriculum with children's innate wonderings and curiosity.
- allows teachers to facilitate emergent, experiential, inquiry-based, play-based, and place-based learning.
- allows teachers to help children to identify, co-manage and navigate risk. Opportunities to experience risk are seen as an integral part of learning and healthy development.
- aligns with the First Peoples Principles of Learning.
- develops students' core competencies. Experiential learning in the outdoors fosters children's competencies as creative and critical thinkers, effective communicators, and people who are personally, socially and environmentally aware.
For the 2023-2024 school year, kindergarten registration is through a lottery.
East Kensington Elementary
2795 - 184 Street, Surrey BC V3S 9V2
phone: 604-541-1257 email: email@example.com
For more information contact:
Vice Principal - Alison Leslie email: firstname.lastname@example.org