East Kensington Outdoor Learning (EKOLogy)
Through daily outdoor learning experiences, children in the EKOLogy program develop a sense of wonder and gratitude in the beauty, diversity, and complexity of the world to become environmentally and socially responsible people with a passion for lifelong learning. Children in our EKOLogy program spend time each day learning outside the classroom.
Our outdoor learning program:
- provides outdoor experiences that integrate B.C.'s curriculum with children's innate wonderings and curiosity.
- allows teachers to facilitate emergent, experiential, inquiry-based, play-based, and place-based learning.
- allows teachers to help children to identify, co-manage and navigate risk. Opportunities to experience risk are seen as an integral part of learning and healthy development.
- aligns with the First Peoples Principles of Learning.
- develops students' core competencies. Experiential learning in the outdoors fosters children's competencies as creative and critical thinkers, effective communicators, and people who are personally, socially and environmentally aware.
East Kensington Elementary
2795 - 184 Street
How to Register: Kindergarten Choice Program Lottery
- On-line applications open January 29, 2024, @ 9:00 am and close February 16, 2024, @ 4:00 pm
Please read the How to Apply Online page.
- Grades 1-7: To register students in Grades 1-7, please contact the school
For the 2024-2025 school year, kindergarten registration is through the online Kindergarten Lottery.