Mental Health in Surrey Schools Framework
- Improving information and education with regards to Mental Health is a key component of our Healthy Schools Initiative.
- We have adopted multi-tiered systems of support focused on these three specific areas:
- Information and professional development for staff
- Education and strategies for students
- Support and care for families.
- Oversight provided by the Mental Health and Wellness Steering Committee.
- Trauma/ History Informed Practice is the overarching ideology that guides the overall implementation of strategy for the district.