StrongStart Centers are open at reduced capacity. Please contact the StrongStart facilitator at your center for more information about how you can schedule a visit. We look forward to welcoming our early learners through our doors very soon!
StrongStart is a free program for parents/caregivers and their children aged birth to five years old. Children and families participate in learning experiences that are designed to support early learning development – language, physical, cognitive, social and emotional.
Parents and caregivers discover new ways to support children's learning at home while making valuable connections with others in the community. Those attending can expect to participate in organized sessions like story-time and play activities. There are currently StrongStarts at 24 schools throughout the district.
New Registrations: If you are new to Surrey StrongStart and would like to register, please register online through our district website HERE. Please note, StrongStart programs are only available at 24 school sites. Please ensure you are registering at a StrongStart Centre when completing your registration as the school name will indicate "StrongStart Centre" in the drop down menu of schools listings. If you have questions or need assistance with registration, please see the StrongStart location brochure for contact information for each site.
Returning Families: If you have already registered and attended StrongStart before, your program facilitator will reach out to you via email to confirm your interest in participating in StrongStart this year. If you do NOT heard from your facilitator, please contact your site facilitator through the email provided in the program brochure.
StrongStart 2021-2022 Health and Safety Guidelines:
- Each session will schedule up to 10 family groups maximum at a time
- Sessions must be scheduled in advance with confirmation provided from StrongStart facilitator before attending
- There will be no drop ins
- Only one caregiver can attend with their child(ren)
- Adults will be required to wear a mask
- Families will be limited to attend one StrongStart site at this time (not multiple sites)
- Children and parent/caregiver(s) should complete a Daily Health Check before attending StrongStart sessions
StrongStart in the Park (May & June 2022) - StrongStart sessions outside in the park.