How to Apply Online
The online application is now closed.
Parents will have a 3-week window of opportunity to apply, from January 23 (at 9:00 am) to February 10, 2023 (at 4:00 pm). See instructions below.
How to Apply
- Beginning Monday, January 16, 2023 parents will register their child/children online for their local catchment school prior to applying for a seat in the Kindergarten lottery.
- Online applications for the Kindergarten lottery open Monday, January 23, 2023 @ 9:00 am - parents apply by entering their details, their child's details (one application per child), and their preferred program/school choices (up to a maximum of three - listed in preferred order) and submit their application by the deadline of February 10, 2023 @ 4:00 pm.
- Once the online applications have closed, a random lottery draw begins on March 1, 2023.
- An e-mail communication to all applicants - whether or not the result of the lottery is successful for their child - is sent out between the weeks of March 1 to March 10, 2023. Successful applicants will be placed at a Kindergarten Lottery Programs school. (There is no need to re-register at the lottery school; your registration package will be forwarded.) All other applicants are placed on a waitlist.
- Program seats are filled until all available places have been allocated. Applicants that have been waitlisted may remain on the waitlist until if/when they are offered a place.
- If a student drops out of a program either before it has started or during the program, the applicant who is next on the waitlist for that place is contacted.
- Make sure you have everything you need before applying by consulting our online application checklist. You can also read parent's frequently asked questions.
- Apply now.
The kindergarten online lottery allows parents and guardians to register children entering kindergarten in four district-wide programs:
2023 Kindergarten Lottery Dates
FAQS ABOUT THE DISTRICT PROGRAMS OF CHOICE
Read parent frequently asked questions about the application process.