Visit this page: School Locator
- Proof of Birth Date for the student (Birth certificate or passport);
- Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order);
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card);
- Proof of Residency (a purchase or rental agreement, cable, hydro or gas bill etc.)
What happens when I apply for my child to be in a Kindergarten Lottery Program school after the online application system closes
Your child will be placed at the bottom of the waitlist for the Kindergarten Lottery Program school you want.
There is an option on the online application form to add a second child to an application. The children are not guaranteed to both secure seats at the same Kindergarten Lottery Program school.
- When the number of applicants exceeds the number of available seats, a randomizing algorithm runs and assigns either a seat or a waitlist number. The results of the lottery are sent by e-mail to all applicants the week of February 21 to March 10, 2023.
- If a parent receives their first choice, the lottery does not consider their lower choice schools (as they have already received what they asked for). If a parent receives their second choice (but not their first choice), they remain on the waitlist for the first choice, and the lottery does not consider the third. If they receive their third choice (but not first or second), they remain on the waitlist for both the first and the second choices.
Results will be e-mailed out to applicants the week of February 21 to March 10, 2023.
Families will have two days to electronically accept or reject an offered seat. After that time, unclaimed seats will be offered to waitlisted applicants.
Yes. If you do not have a computer at home, you can access a computer at any of the following places:
- Public library
- A friend or family’s house
- Use your mobile phone
All correspondence, including the offering of seats and waitlist status, are sent to an applicant’s e-mail address.
This is the same e-mail address used when registering for your local catchment school. It is important to have access to your e-mail account during the week of February 21 to March 10, 2023, as that is when lottery results will be sent out.
Seats are required to be accepted electronically.
If a seat opens up and you are the highest on the waitlist, you will receive an e-mail with an option to accept or reject that seat.
You will have two days to respond to an offer.
The Canadian Parents for French provides information for parents on French programs in general.
You can find them here:
- Surrey Chapter – https://www.facebook.com/CanadianParentsForFrenchSurreyChapter
- Provincial Office for CPF for BC and Yukon Branch – www.cpf.bc.ca