Surrey Student Registration:
- How to Register
- Signing Up for Kindergarten
- Documents Required
- Distance Learning (SAIL - Secondary Only)
- Specialty Programs
- Out of Catchment Registration
New Student Registration
The Surrey School District is pleased to welcome all new students to our schools. In order to help support social distancing in our schools, we are now offering a new online registration system for parents. Please note that registration at your school of choice is based on availability.
When registering your child, please note the following process:
- Use the School Locator Tool to determine your catchment school
- Complete the online registration request form
The school district recognizes that personal circumstances may make it difficult for some individuals to complete the registration process. Please discuss any unique circumstances with the school principal when you are contacted. We welcome all new students and we are pleased to assist in any way we can.
Please see below for important information regarding the registration process. If you have any questions, please contact your catchment school or the school district at 604-596-7733.
Children who turn five-years-old before Jan. 1, 2023 are eligible to begin school in September 2022.
The same documents listed above for new students must also be provided to register a student for kindergarten. As noted above, to help support social distancing in our schools, we are now offering a new online registration system for parents. Registration at your school of choice is based on availability.
You will have the option to upload your required documentation using a secure web site or present your documentation at your catchment school in person.
The following documents are required:
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport).
- Proof of guardianship (as shown on child's birth certificate, or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant document or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and student (Canadian Birth Certificate, Citizenship Card, Passport, Landed Immigrant Document, Permanent Resident Card, Enhanced Driver's License or Enhanced Identification Card).
- Proof of residence (e.g., ordinarily resident) of parent/guardian in BC:
- Three pieces of identification showing the address of residence (purchase or rental agreement, utility bill, driver's license, etc.)
- One of the three pieces above must be government issued in order to complete the registration process (BC driver's license, BC Services Card, BCID or BC Care Card of parent/legal guardian).
- Documents which are helpful, but not required:
- Health documents (care card, immunization records, medical condition information);
- Educational background (report cards).
Distance Learning (SAIL - Secondary Only)
SAIL distance learning is currently only available for secondary SAIL students. SAIL elementary is a blended learning program where students attend 4 days a week at Brookside Elementary.
For more information on registering for the Surrey Academy of Innovative Learning (SAIL) please click here.
Specialty and Choice Programs
Surrey Schools offers a number of "choice" programs that challenge students and enhance special skills or subscribe to certain philosophies. Students still receive the regular B.C. school curriculum, but also have an opportunity to extend their understanding and experience.
You do not need to live near the school or in the district to enroll.
Kindergarten registration in the four most popular programs (French Immersion, Intensive Fine Arts, Montessori and Traditional) is done through an online lottery application.
Out-of-Catchment Registration (2022/2023 school year)
The schools listed below are designated as closed to out-of-catchment registration for the 2022/2023 (beginning Sept. 2022) school year. These schools are closed to out-of-catchment registrations (other than siblings) and no out-of-catchment waitlist will be maintained.
|Elementary Schools||Fraser Wood Elementary||Martha Currie Elementary|
|A.H.P. Matthew Elementary||Frost Road Elementary||Morgan Elementary|
|A.J. McLellan Elementary||George Greenaway Elementary||North Ridge Elementary|
|Adams Road Elementary||Goldstone Park Elementary||Old Yale Road Elementary|
|Bayridge Elementary||Hazelgrove Elementary||Sunnyside Elementary|
|Beaver Creek Elementary||Jessie Lee Elementary||Sunrise Ridge Elementary|
|Cambridge Elementary||K.B. Woodward Elementary||Walnut Road Elementary|
|Edgewood Elementary||Katzie Elementary||William Watson Elementary|
|Erma Stephenson Elementary||Latimer Road Elementary||Woodward Hill Elementary|