The Surrey Wraparound Program (WRAP) is a partnership between the Surrey School District, RCMP and the City of Surrey. The program’s objective is to positively attach youth to school, their community and the home by building a trusting and positive relationship. Parents, caregivers and/or guardians are included in goal setting while assisting the program’s objective in building a positive lifestyle and self-worth for youth.
The following are some of the program highlights:
- Wrap can collaborate with school staff, the parent and youth in goal setting and outlining strategic interventions that assist the youth to be successful in the school environment;
- Wrap has seven school district staff who work collaboratively with youth and family;
- Wrap has two dedicated RCMP members who can build a positive and trusting relationship with youth;
- Wrap can provide and supervise work experience for youth that is helpful to the community while building self-worth;
- Wrap can provide athletic and recreational opportunities through the Parks and Recreation Department of the City of Surrey. Also, Wrap can facilitate artistic, creative and other opportunities in relation to a youth’s interests and strengths;
- Wrap can help youth utilize their strengths in a positive manner through awareness in a mentoring relationship;
- Wrap collaborates with family in a manner that is supportive and non-judgmental.
Wraparound Program - English.pdf Wraparound Program-Punjabi.pdf
Wraparound Program - Vietnamese.pdf Wraparound Program - Arabic.pdf