NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
The Surrey School District is pleased to welcome all new students to our schools. Please go to the following website to learn about online registration: Student Registration with SD36. Kindly be reminded that registration at your school of choice is based on availability.
When registering your child, please note the following process:
1. Visit School Locator to determine catchment school
2. For registrations: Complete the Registration Form
3. Upload your supporting documents
4. Once registration is processed, school will confirm catchment & contact you
The following documents are required:
*Note: If parents are on work permit, study permit or have refugee status, please go to Welcome Centre website for required documents: Welcome Centre Registration Requirements *
- proof of birth date for student (birth certificate or passport)
- proof of guardianship (for parents or guardians as shown on child's birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant document or guardianship order)
- proof of citizenship for both parent & student (There are different requirements for parents who have different citizenship statuses: Eg. Permanent Residents / Canadian Citizens / Refugee Claimants / Work Permit / Study Permit.) Please read the student registration document checklist below.
- proof of residence (e.g. ordinarily resident) of parent/guardian in BC:
- Three pieces of ID showing address of residence (purchase/rental agreement, utility bill, driver’s license, etc)
- One of the three pieces above must be government issued in order to complete registration process (BC driver’s license, BC Services Card, BCID or BC Care Card of parent/legal guardian)
The school district recognizes that personal circumstances may make it difficult for some individuals to complete the registration process. Please discuss any unique circumstances with the school principal when registering. We welcome all new students & we are pleased to assist in any way we can. If you have further questions, please contact the neighbourhood school, or the school district at (604) 596-7733.
English Learner Welcome Centre
The English Language Learner Welcome Centre can help you register your children in school. Service is available in over 25 languages. Call 604-543-3060. Link: SD36 Surrey Welcome Centre
Student Registration Checklist
see PDF below - Registration Document Requirements 2023 Jan
How to Locate Catchment School
To locate the catchment school based for your home address, please click on the following link:
School Locator Tool