Goals: At Tamanawis, we are committed to:
- Strive for excellence - you're worth it!
- Develop academic & interpersonal skills
- Control your future - keep your options open!
- Respect - receive what you give
- Build self-esteem - take pride in yourself, be confident!
- Everyone is responsible for their actions - our school goal is a safe environment
- Individual & cultural differences are valuable
- Team Tamanawis - students, parents, staff & the community working together
- Communicate openly - building understanding, be part of the school spirit, have fun!
- improve students ability to make decisions, solve problems & analyze critically
- increase students' acceptance & respect for the ideas of others
- increase students' ability to use information & computer technology in school & personal lives
Accomplishments & Initiatives:
- Friendship Garden Project
- Technology enhanced science program
- Strong community ties: active & vital Parent Advisory Committee, career prep & coop programs
- ELL leadership program
- Many leadership opportunities for students through student council, leadership conferences, peer tutoring, peer mediation & various school & District committees
- Commitment to include all students with special needs through extensive integration into regular classes
- Commitment to provide enrichment activities & opportunities for qualified students