Ongoing Registration - Student Centred / Self Directed Learning
Continuous Progress - Teacher-Mentor / One-on-One Instruction - Counselling Services
Work Experience - Career Education Opportunities - Computers - Digimedia/Storytelling
Graduation Options: Credit Based & Adult Dogwood
Who Are We?
Cloverdale Learning Centre is a storefront school designed to help students set and meet their educational goals. Students learn in a friendly environment which promotes student responsibility for goal-setting and educational planning. Students who are sincere in their desire to learn will find the expectations realistic and the staff understanding, helpful and encouraging. Special career education programs and counselling are available to help students with their goals and career planning.
The school offers a continuous entry and continuous program design featuring a variety of schedules: morning, afternoon or all day classes. Students can complete Grade 10, 11 and 12 courses leading to graduation with either a Dogwood Diploma or an Adult Dogwood Diploma. Learners are able to complete their education within a culture that is caring, safe and comfortable.
At the Cloverdale Learning Centre, our caring, supportive and flexible environment encourages students with varied needs to achieve personal success.
Our Goals Are:
- to help students achieve academic success and earn a high school graduation
- to provide an alternative schooling option for students who need a more personalized approach to education
- to prepare students to return to a mainstream school if they wish, to finish their education
- to provide a comfortable learning environment for students to complete their education
Accomplishments and Initiatives:
- personalized care plans that outline a student’s goals and timelines
- a Kwantlen College trade and apprenticeship partnership also providing dual credit opportunities
- up-to-date technology including Internet access on all computer terminals and wireless access on the school laptops available for in school student use.
- comprehensive career education programs
Who can attend?
Students aged 15 - 19 : Possessing the necessary prerequisites for grade 10. Students deficient in these prerequisites may apply and acceptance will be at the discretion of the principal.
How Much Does It Cost?
Student Activity Fee: $25 (paid each school year)
Grad Fee (for students expecting to graduate in the current year): $20
Deposits for Textbooks - Refundable: $50 (paid once)
Workbooks: Loaned to students and offered for sale to students at cost
What do I do if I am interested?
Talk to your current school or district counsellor about attending the Learning Centre and they will fill out a CLC refferal form.
Call the Centre at 604-574-3615 or Email: CloverdaleLC@SurreySchools.ca
For more information arrange an interview or drop in and visit us.