New Student Registration
The Surrey School District is pleased to welcome all new students to our schools. In order to help support social distancing in our schools, we are now offering a new online registration system for parents. Please note that registration at your school of choice is based on availability.
When registering your child, please note the following process:
- Use the School Locator Tool to determine your catchment school
- Complete the online registration request form
The school district recognizes that personal circumstances may make it difficult for some individuals to complete the registration process. Please discuss any unique circumstances with the school principal when you are contacted. We welcome all new students and we are pleased to assist in any way we can.
Please see below for important information regarding the registration process. If you have any questions, please contact your catchment school or the school district at 604-596-7733.
Please note the following documents must be provided for registration:
- Proof of Birth Date for the student (Birth certificate or passport);
- Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order);
- Driver's licence with current address on it
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card);
- Proof of Residency (a purchase or rental agreement) in addition to a cable, hydro or gas bill etc.
- Child's Health Care Card
Those born in British Columbia can obtain birth certificates from BC Vital Statistics.
English Learner Welcome Centre
The English Langugage Learner Welcome Centre can help you register your children in school. Service is available in over 25 languages. Call 604-543-3060 ? can help you register your children in school. Service is available in over 25 languages. Call 604-543-3060
Registrations are still being accepted for those students that live in the catchment area.K registration flyer for 11-12.pdf