Skip to main content

How to register your child for the 2023-24 school year

school-registration-2023-english.pngThe district has prepared school registration posters in multiple languages to share with parents: English, Punjabi, Hindi, Chinese (Simplified), Arabic, Tagalog and Spanish (links in story).

The new year may have just begun, but the new school year is now on the horizon!

We are excited to welcome new students to the district! To prepare parents and guardians for school registration, here is everything you need to know to register.

Registration for the 2023-24 school year opens Monday, Jan. 16 and continues through the year. This includes registration for children entering kindergarten.

Parents can register online at by clicking the Register Today button at the top right toolbar, or by scanning the QR code in this article.


For families unable to register online, they may reach out to their local school for support. To find your catchment school, enter your address in our School Locator tool.

We have also prepared school registration posters in multiple languages to share with parents: English, Punjabi, Hindi, Chinese (Simplified), Arabic, Tagalog and Spanish.

To register, you will need the following documentation:

PART ONE: Required documentation (does not have to be from British Columbia)

  1. Photo identification for the parent/legal guardian such as: driver’s licence, passport, Photo BC Services Card, BCID card. This does not have to be from British Columbia
  2. Evidence of legal guardianship (as shown on child’s birth certificate, or other appropriate legal documentation, such as, landed immigrant document or guardianship order)
  3. Evidence of birth date for the student (e.g., birth certificate or passport)  

PART TWO: Proof of residence for the parent/guardian in B.C. 

  1. Valid government issued documentation showing the address of residence with the name of resident parent/legal guardian (e.g., B.C. Driver’s License, BC Services Card, BCID or ICBC Registration Document, etc.)

If you do not have valid government issued documentation showing your address of residence, the following documents can be helpful:

  • Property purchase agreement
  • Utility bill
  • Rental agreement (or letter from landlord)
  • Health documents (medical reports and letters)
  • Letter-mail with name and address of resident
  • Employment pay-slips
  • Bank statements
  • Letter from employer
  • Insurance statements or policies
  • Statement or letter from a Notary Public
  • Other documents that indicate resident’s name and address

It is not our district’s practice to share student or parent information with federal immigration authorities unless there is a specific case where it may be required to do so by law.

The B.C. government requests that all students in B.C. have their vaccination status reported. This regulation supports public health to control outbreaks and keeps students healthy and safe. For more information on the Vaccination Status Reporting Regulation please visit: or visit

When registering, we encourage parents and guardians to share information about their child in order to support a successful transition to school and ensure the educational team is aware of the student’s unique and diverse learning needs.

For more information on registration, visit our School Registration page.

image description
Back to top