- Princess Margaret is committed to becoming a community where learning is intellectually challenging, relevant, and responsive to the needs of the individual.
- The Princess Margaret community will:
- establish clearly defined expectations and beliefs about learning
- encourage an environment in which debate and dialogue about education are valued
- provide school members with quality citizenship and learning opportunities
- promote understanding and use of sound educational practices
- endeavour to provide up-to-date technologies and information systems
- literacy initiatives for all grades
- Our vision is to create a climate for educational excellence.
Social Emotional Learning (SEL Vision Statement):
- In our Princess Margaret Community, we support all staff, students and families in building healthy relationships, where everyone feels safe, valued and heard.
Accomplishments and Initiatives:
- Enrichment program and offering of credit courses at Kwantlen College/University
- Kwantlen College/University and Princess Margaret Business Education partnership
- Partnership with CISCO Networking Company
- Multicultural camp for all Grade 8 students where they receive conflict resolution training, anger management skills, and take part in team building activities
- Students’ Charter of Rights & Responsibilities
- Teams continue to gain prominence in District sports competition
- Comprehensive extracurricular program
- Extensive student leadership program
- Restorative Justice: practices and training of facilitators
- SFU Partnership in PDP Urban Mosaic Module
In our Princess Margaret community, we support all staff, students, and families in building healthy relationships, where everyone feels safe, valued, and heard.