New Student Registration
The Surrey School District is pleased to welcome all new students to our schools. In order to help support social distancing in our schools, we are now offering a new online registration system for parents. Please note that registration at your school of choice is based on availability.
When registering your child, please note the following process:
- Use the School Locator Tool to determine your catchment school
- Complete the online registration request form
The school district recognizes that personal circumstances may make it difficult for some individuals to complete the registration process. Please discuss any unique circumstances with the school principal when you are contacted. We welcome all new students and we are pleased to assist in any way we can.
Please see below for important information regarding the registration process. If you have any questions, please contact your catchment school or the school district at 604-596-7733.
Once your form is processed the school will contact you regarding required documentation. The following documents are required:
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport).
- Proof of guardianship (as shown on child's birth certificate, or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant document or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and student (Canadian Birth Certificate, Citizenship Card, Passport, Landed Immigrant Document, Permanent Resident Card, Enhanced Driver's License or Enhanced Identification Card).
- Proof of residence (e.g., ordinarily resident) of parent/guardian in BC:
Three pieces of identification showing the address of residence (purchase or rental agreement, utility bill, driver's license, etc.)
One of the three pieces above must be government issued in order to complete the registration process (BC driver's license, BC Services Card, BCID or BC Care Card of parent/legal guardian).
Documents which are helpful, but not required:
- Health documents (care card, immunization records, medical condition information);
- Educational background (report cards).
Registrations are still being accepted for those students that live in the catchment area.K registration flyer for 11-12.pdf
English Learner Welcome Centre
The English Language Learner Welcome Centre can help you register your children in school. Service is available in over 25 languages. Call 604-543-3060 ? can help you register your children in school. Service is available in over 25 languages. Call 604-543-3060