- To develop well-rounded students through increasing enrolment in diverse areas of study, improving written and oral communications skills, and continued involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- To further develop our students' sense of belonging to, and ownership towards, the Fraser Heights School Community and the community at large.
Accomplishments and Initiatives:
- Honor Roll: 54% of students achieved an A or B average
- Provincial Scholarships: 44 students received Provincial Scholarships (18% of grade 12 students).
- Academic Contests: Pascal, Cayley, Fermet, and Euclid Math contests, Surrey School District Writing Contest and Speech Meet, Physics Olympiad, Surrey Jr. Science Challenge, Michael Smith Science Challenge, Begbie History Challenge, Geography Challenge, Royal Commonwealth Essay Competition, Provincial Debate Competition, Canspell, Model United Nations, Surrey Gifted Challenge.
- Program/Areas of Study: AP Calculus, Technology Education, Career Education, Integrated Arts and Technology, Fine Arts, Theatre Studies, Technical Theatre and Stagecraft, Film and Television, Choir and Vocal Jazz, Concert and Jazz Band, Recreation Leadership, Superfit, Just for Girls Superfit, Advanced Culinary Arts, Textiles and Fashion Design, Spanish, French, Japanese.
- Work Experience: School-wide work experience program, 280 students successfully completed Work Experience 12A, Meet-an-Expert presentations, Skills Canada, 9 Apprenticeship Scholarships, RCMP Youth Academy, BCIT Biotechnology, Forensics, and Broadcasting programs, SWEAT, Junior Achievement, Shad Valley, Trading Up.
- Field Experiences: Extended Field Experience to France, Spain, and Japan, Vancouver Art Gallery, Provincial Museum and Parliament Buildings, Fort Langley, Granville Island Theatre, Holocaust Symposium, Playland Physics, Aquarium, Science World, Grouse Mountain.
- Student Leadership: Very active and involved Students' Council, iDEAS 36, Provincial Leadership Conference, Encounters Canada, Red Cross Symposium, and Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
- Mathematics: Grade 9 students placed 4th in BC and 9th in Canada in the Pascal Math Competition, Grade 12 students placed 5th in BC in the Euclid Math Competition.
- Athletics: 25 school teams; 7 Championship banners, Grade 8 and Junior Badminton Teams won the Surrey and Fraser Valley Championships for the second year in a row, Hockey Team won the Surrey Championship for the fourth year in a row.
- Fine Arts: School-wide theatre productions, Kiwanis Music Festival, Surrey Concert Band Revue, Vocal Jazz Performances, Fringe Festival, Festival Dec Beaux-Arts, Robert Bateman Art Contest, Legion Remembrance Day Art Contest, Library Art Gallery and Contests, Talent Show.
- Social Education: School-wide HACE program, 30 hour famine, Terry Fox Run, Milk Run, Global Issues Week, Environment Week, Christmas Bureau, Adopt-a-Family, Sister School Project, Safeteen, Anti-Smoking Week, Gr. 9 HACE conference, Drinking and Driving Presentations.
- Clubs: Physics Society, Korean Language Club, Art Club, Hawkeye Players Theatre Co., Outdoors Club, Ski/Snowboard Club, Hawks' Nest techies, Spanish Club, Games Club, Chess Club, Bridge Club, Debate Club, Math Club, Global Issues Club, Animal Lovers Club, Science Club.