Keep in Touch
- Keep up to date with school notices and events by downloading the Eagletime app from the App Store or Google Play. It's free, easy to use and does not have in-app purchases. See below for simple instructions on how to sign up, sign in and subscribe. Choose your grad class under Classes and don't forget to enable notifications.
- Check our website homepage and newsfeed often to see the latest updates, subscribe to your favourite categories on our calendar to save events to your personal calendar.
- Check your email. If you don't use your surreyschools email, make sure you let the office know which email address your primarily use and stay in the loop.
Coming to class is vital to your school success! Johnston Heights appreciates a phone call prior to the start of the day advising when a student will be late, absent, or leaving early for any part of the day. Please see our Attendance Policy and Procedures for detailed information on what to do in the event of an absence.
My Education BC portal for parents and students
- MyEdBC is the information system used by the Ministry of Education in Surrey School District, and in most school districts in the province. It is used to collect and store information relevant to the delivery of education programs for students. The MyEdBC Student Portal is another way in which students and their parents/guardians can access information about their educational programs, view student class schedule, report cards and grades from assignments, and view student attendance, among other things.
- You can log on to MyEdBC Family Portal from any computer that connects to the internet.
- Student login ID is your student number
- Make sure your security question is something you know the answer to and update it in your preferences
- See below for tips on logging in and troubleshooting
Locker Assignments for students at Johnston Heights
- Need a locker at school? Johnston Heights uses an on-line locker management system. Visit the site to register for and choose a locker - it's yours for the whole school year. Lockers come equipped with a lock - no need to supply your own lock. Locker combinations are reset yearly and are provided upon registration via the website.
- User ID is your student number
- Password is your initials plus your student number
Graduation Information for Johnston Heights students
- Please stay up to date on graduation requirements, events and notifications by downloading the Eagletime app and enabling notifications
- Grad information is also communicated via this website and by email
- Information is also relayed to students via the tv screens in the hallways and over the PA system
Counselling Appointments for students at Johnston Heights
- Counsellors see students for personal, academic, and career counselling by appointment
- Which counsellor a student sees depends on the student's last name
- Click the link on the left to schedule an appointment
- You will need to create a profile and provide as much contact information in case appointments need to be re-scheduled. Your Preferred User ID will be your Student Number. Your password will be your birthdate, in this format with no spaces: YYYYMMDD
- Please make your booking with your alpha counsellor. Let your teacher know you have an appointment and a slip will be provided upon your return to your class.
Free Digital Resources provided by the Surrey School District in English, French and Spanish for K-12 students, parents and the community.
- Useful for school and personal research, learning and special interest.
- Students and staff who park on school grounds must register their vehicle at the office.
- Vehicle Registration Form can be obtained from the office and must be returned with your Driver's License and vehicle registration.
- The office keeps a confidential copy of this information in a secure location for safety and security reasons.
Student Handbook and Code of Conduct
View the current student handbook including the Johnston Heights Code of Conduct by clicking the link below.