Keep in Touch
- Keep up to date with school notices and events by downloading the Eagletime app from the App Store or Google Play. It's free, easy to use and does not have in-app purchases. See below for simple instructions on how to sign up, sign in and subscribe. Don't forget to select the Parents Group and enable notifications.
- Check our website homepage and newsfeed often to see the latest updates, subscribe to your favourite categories on our calendar to save events to your personal calendar.
Pay Student Fees
- Please log into School Cash Online review the student costs associated with the 2023 - 2024 school year.
- Fees can be paid in person at the school office with cash or a cheque. Please make cheques payable to Johnston Heights Secondary. Debit or credit payments can be made by creating an online account on School Cash Online
Student Attendance Policy and Procedures
- If your child will be absent or late, please ensure a parent or guardian calls to inform the school. As we have an automated phone system, a voicemail message can be left any time of day or night. Student first name and last name are required; grade and student number are appreciated.
- Calls and notes will not be taken from students to excuse themselves.
- Please see the PDF below for detailed procedures.
- Parents and students can login through the online portal to view student timetables, report cards and grades from assignments, student attendance and verify personal information, among other things.
- Click the link on the left to learn more
Student Led-Teacher Conferences
Parents, guardians, caregivers are welcome to meet with teachers in November and April each year. This year the November session parent/teacher conferences will be student led. More details will be sent out in November and April.
Grade 7 to Grade 8
Starting Grade 8 can be a little bit daunting and overwhelming as well as exciting! Please browse our website to answer some of your preliminary questions.
Information is provided to elementary school students throughout the year regarding dates for course selection, summer learning opportunities, grade 7 day at high school, new student tours, and parent information nights. Dates for such events are also posted on our calendar as soon as they are available.
In terms of school supplies for the first day of school, Grade 8 students need only bring a writing utensil, paper or a notebook, and a folder to contain handouts. Teachers will inform students during the first week what specific supplies will be required for their specific course. Textbooks are not required for the first day of school; however, students should be prepared to pay applicable fees as soon as possible. Anticipated costs can be found on our website on the Parents main page. Payments can be made in-person with cash or cheque during school office hours or online with debit or credit using our secure payment system.
If you have specific questions about registering your child at Johnston Heights, please call us: 604.581.5500
Please visit the section on our website outlining courses available at Johnston Heights. We encourage parent involvement and engagement in student course planning and learning.
Grade 12 Graduation
There are a variety of options for students of all ages to complete secondary school or its equivalent and to meet their individual needs.
There are two distinct graduation programs leading to a Graduation Certificate:
- Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma)
- The Graduation Program Adult Education Graduation Program (Adult Dogwood)
Students also have an opportunity to meet their educational goals through:
- School Completion Certificate Program
- General Educational Development (GED) Certificate (Secondary School Equivalency Certificate)
Current and former students can view and order secondary school transcripts or certificates from B.C. or the Yukon, as well as find their Personal Education Number through the Government of BC. Click the link listed below.
Current Grade 12 students at Johnston Heights should prepare to graduate by:
- attending all classes and assemblies, listening to PA announcements and watching the hallway tv screens for information
- staying up to date on graduation requirements, events and notifications by downloading the Eagletime app and enabling notifications
- regularly visiting this website and checking their email
Throughout the year there will be many events and things to do for the graduation ceremony and celebrations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Pay graduation fee and other student fees
- Get grad photos taken
- Sign up for Grad committees and clubs
- Get involved to make grad the best ever!
- Order cap and gown for Commencement
- Purchase tickets for Dinner Dance
- Purchase tickets for Dry Grad
- Run for and vote for class Valedictorian
Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
Parents are invited to become involved in our school community through the PAC that usually meets one Monday evening per month in the Johnston Heights Learning Commons. At the start of each school year, PAC requests volunteers to form a Dry Grad Committee for the year’s graduating class. Everyone is welcome. Please refer to our homepage and download the Eagletime app to stay informed.
- Free Digital Resources provided by the Surrey School District in English, French and Spanish for K-12 students, parents and the community.
- Useful for school and personal research, learning and special interest.
- Click the link on the left
- There are ongoing opportunities for parents to volunteer in the Surrey school district. In fact, volunteering is an excellent way for parents to become more directly involved in their children's education.
- Click the link on the left