Career-Life Connections, as described by the Ministry of Education, focuses on applying personal career-life management knowledge, skills, and strategies to the one's own personal life journey, and includes:
- deepening career-life concepts and thoughtful self-knowledge to inform personal life-long learning choices and post-graduation plans
- using self-advocacy and employment marketing strategies, such as creating one's own effective public profiles
- employing developed social capital, such as leadership and collaboration skills, to cultivate community networks
- engaging in substantive experiential learning opportunity of 30 hours or more that is intended to expand and/or deepen student exposure to career-life possibilities, such as service learning, volunteerism, employment, fieldwork, projects, entrepreneurship, and passion projects
- designing, assembling, and presenting a capstone to an audience, celebrating the learning journey and next steps toward preferred futures.
To review the Ministry's information for CLC visit https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/curriculum/career-education/clc/courses.