This translation tool is provided by Google Translate and offers a wide variety of languages. While the tool is intended to provide users with a basic translation of the information available on our website, it may lose some accuracy or context when translating into certain languages.Surrey Schools cannot guarantee the accuracy of any translated information and it is highly recommended that users contact the appropriate departments before acting upon translated information.
Start entering a first or last name to find someone.
Welcome to Tamanawis' vibrant Modern Languages Department!
We are proud to offer courses in three languages: French, Punjabi & Spanish. In our programs, students engage in a variety of experiential activites with the goal to enhance their skills in oral & written communication & comprehension of the second language. As well, students learn to appreciate & value other cultures through the exploration and study of languages, their literatures & history.
Why learn another language?
* Being bilingual or plurilingual will increase your employment opportunities
* Studying a second language increases your problem solving and hypothesis testing skills
* Second language learning enhances creative thinking
* Learning a second languages teaches you to appreciate & participate in other cultures
* Improved literacy skills in first language
* Enhanced self-esteem & pride
* University entrance: a second language at the Grade 11 level is the minumum requirement for entrance to all programs to almost all universities. Many university Bachelor of Arts programs require a second language at the Grade 12 level.