Start entering a first or last name to find someone.
Welcome to Tamanawis' vibrant Modern Languages Department!
We are proud to offer courses in three languages: French, Punjabi and Spanish. In our programs, students engage in a variety of experiential activites with the goal to enhance their skills in oral and written communication and comprehension of the second language. As well, students learn to appreciate and value other cultures through the exploration and study of languages, their literatures and history.
Why learn another language?
* Being bilingual or plurilingual will increase your employment opportunities
* Studying a second language increases your problem solving and hypothesis testing skills
* Second language learning enhances creative thinking
* Learning a second languages teaches you to appreciate and participate in other cultures
* Improved literacy skills in first language
* Enhanced self-esteem and pride
* University entrance: a second language at the Grade 11 level is the minumum requirement for entrance to all programs to almost all universities. Many university Bachelor of Arts programs require a second language at the Grade 12 level.