This translation tool is provided by Google Translate and offers a wide variety of languages. While the tool is intended to provide users with a basic translation of the information available on our website, it may lose some accuracy or context when translating into certain languages.Surrey Schools cannot guarantee the accuracy of any translated information and it is highly recommended that users contact the appropriate departments before acting upon translated information.
Start entering a first or last name to find someone.
As many parents and guardians are aware, Semiahmoo Secondary School's student population exceeds the capacity of the school, and the school continues to experience enrollment pressure. In order to accommodate as many students as possible, all new applicants will be placed on a waitlist and as space permits, students on the waitlist will be contacted and enrolled at Semiahmoo Secondary. (The school will accept registrations in priority order consistent with the school board's regulation Regulation #9320.1). In-catchment students that are not able to be accommodated at Semiahmoo Secondary for the 2020/21 school year will be accommodated at another secondary school in the area. (Parents/guardians may also choose to register at another Surrey Secondary School providing there is space at that school).
Due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, in-person registration is not available at this time. As a temporary measure, all school registration will be completed online.
Process for registration:
Please scan and email the following documents to email@example.com :
1. Completed Fillable online registration form
2. Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport).
3. Proof of guardianship (Parent/s/guardian's names listed on: Long form birth certificate, landed immigrant papers, guardianship order, extended health benefits or Child Tax Benefit.)
4. Proof of citizenship for both the parent and student (Canadian Birth Certificate, Citizenship Card, Passport, Landed Immigrant Document, Permanent Resident Card, Enhanced Driver's License/ID card)
5. Proof of address of residence of parent/guardian: Three pieces of identification showing the address of the residence (property tax statement, purchase or rental agreement, utility bill, driver's license, etc.)
a. One of the three pieces above must be government issued in order to complete the registration process (BC driver's license, BC Services Card, BCID or BC Care Card of parent/legal guardian).
b. One of the three pieces above must be a utility bill for service at the address (cable, gas, or hydro bill)
The continued growth in the South Surrey/White Rock area remains a challenge for the Surrey School District. Semiahmoo Secondary will accommodate as many in-catchment students as possible.
Note: Semiahmoo Secondary will not be accepting out-of-catchment registrations (except siblings of existing students as described in Regulation #9320.1).