NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
The Surrey School District is pleased to welcome all new students to our schools. Please note that registration at your school of choice is based on availability.
When registering your child, please note the following process:
If you have any questions, please contact us at Johnston Heights at 604.581.5500 or contact the Surrey School District at 604-596-7733.
The following documents are required to support your registration and can be uploaded online:
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport).
- Proof of guardianship (as shown on child's birth certificate, or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant document or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and student (Canadian Birth Certificate, Citizenship Card, Passport, Landed Immigrant Document, Permanent Resident Card, Enhanced Driver's License or Enhanced Identification Card).
- Proof of residence (e.g., ordinarily resident) of parent/guardian in BC:
- Three pieces of identification showing the address of residence (purchase or rental agreement, utility bill, driver's license, etc.) One of the three pieces above must be government issued in order to complete the registration process (BC driver's license, BC Services Card, BCID or BC Care Card of parent/legal guardian).
Documents which are helpful, but not required:
- Health documents (care card, immunization records, medical condition information);
- Educational background (report cards).
Surrey Schools recognizes that personal circumstances may make it difficult for some individuals to complete the registration process. Please discuss any unique circumstances with the school principal when registering. We welcome all new students and we are pleased to assist in any way we can. If you have further questions, please contact the School District at (604) 596-7733.