Start entering a first or last name to find someone.
The Governance Framework and Annual Work Plan highlights the importance and complexity of the board's work in B.C.'s largest school district, overseeing a $700-million budget, 75,000 students and 10,560 employees. It also serves as a strategic planning document for the year ahead.
Included in the document is a month-by-month calendar of key governance activities, broken down into the five categories of effective governance:
1. Setting the strategic direction in the context of the district and province;
2. Monitoring the performance of the system and adjust plans as necessary;
3. Attending to both internal and external compliance and accountability;
4. Engaging effectively with stakeholders and the public and operate on a basis of transparency; and
5. Advocating for public education locally and provincially.
The easy-to-read plan describes how the work of the board unfolds monthly, as well as showing the monthly professional development and operational briefings undertaken by trustees and key dates when trustees represent Surrey in their provincial liaison role.